Loving ramblings

Love is a strange thing
The Word is too Vague
It's been hijacked too many times
What does it even mean?

I don't know
I've heard people use the word Love to express a feeling about food,
clothes, cars.. I have even heard copulation described as "making love"(ridiculous)
Anyway
I'm way off already on a tangent

I was just thinking of parental love
And most people Love their kids
But how people express that to their kids so differently

To me I think I display Love for my kids
By looking after them
My dressing them appropriately
By keeping them clean
Doing my best to keep them from harm
And of coarse all the more Display Types of Love
Telling them, hugging them, giving to them

But I know others who definitely
Love their kids
But it seems in other ways
They Love them by not making them brush their hair(maybe because it hurts)
They Love them by giving them a bag of candy(because they like it)
They Love them by ensuring they believe in Santa but are afraid they will learn about God
They Love them by allowing them to wear whatever they want(even if then, they don't look loved)

Besides all this
I still don't know what Love means
Some people love to quote that "God is Love"
To then justify their Loves(that it must be from God)
But when I learn about God, I learn that there are many things that God actually Hates

Some times I am confused when pain or difficulty comes along
I wonder of God is punishing me
But I Know this is not how he functions in these times.
One thing I do know is that Love is not Pleasure
Love is not Desire
Love is not selfish
And since most things just are simply selfish
It's hard maybe to discern Love
I do believe that Love is Peace
Which has got me thinking of those verses on Charity- True Love

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 ¶ Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.





No comments:

Post a Comment