Shiny and inflated

So I confess I have a close relative that I have spent a lot of time judging up until this week. Let's just say plastic surgery was no stranger to her. Competition and vanity and showey showerson- no stranger. This week, she had a party for her daughter and we went, and so did some other moms from her "rich.hot.cool" club. And I was like. O. I see.it was like a commercial for Botox! No no these ladies will never see a wrinkle. Never see a strain. A turkey neck. And it all made sense to me. And I stopped judging my cousin. If I were her, and all my friends looked like that and talked about that, I think I would be tempted to be just as cosmetic as her... Actually it was sortof sad. May wrinkles never scare me. Never diminish me. Never anul my beauty. May other peoples scars and fat and real bits never push me away. May I always love and relish in the reality of being human, having flaws, and growing older.

No comments:

Post a Comment