Ain't no jones

So I went to this Home last week.the owners I truly enjoy. But I left feeling like.. Wow. I am so not like that. And wondered why. Why do I not have organized labeled Tupperware in my pantry? Why don't I follow recipes? Why don't I where an apron? Why doesn't my week have a schedule? Why don't my kids have a schedule? Why do I eat sushi and chocolate chips for breakfast? Why don't i know what day it is? Why don't I have a career? Like Why Don't I Grow Up? Like Why Don't I Grow Up and Read parenting books and schedule my babies and make them cry it out like every other intelligent Wonder Woman? Why don't I do all my laundry on Mondays? Why don't I do all my ironing on Tuesdays? Good grief, why don't I have a nanny and a housekeeper like all these other Wonderful people? Why do I have obnoxiously large overly colored paintings on everyone of my walls that no one would ever actually want in their house.. Why don't I lose the baby weight man? Why don't I run marathons or travel or make a good quinoa salad? Why don't I even care if my kids eat or not when food is presented to them? Why am I so lazy? Why can't I just tighten up those shoe strings and make something remarkable out of myself? ... So ya, I could go on.. And I'm not sure if I even have an answer. Probably some words my Leonard Cohen, or Nellie Furtado would be appropriate...

1 comment:

  1. And those people probably look at you and wonder why they aren't more like you. Why am I not more laid back? Why do I stress out over every detail? Why can't I just go with the flow? And man why can't I have sushi and chocolate chips for breakfast, instead of the same breakfast I've been eating day in and day out for the last X many years!

    ReplyDelete