Got your back

Expectations are the worst. Is it wrong to get offended. Certainly. So never mind me and this short rant. One of my expectations that I have in others is that if I send an inquiry, comment, or note to someone via phone, text, email, or FB, that i will get a response ...a somewhat timely response. Now I am known to be a bit of a flake so I can't even confirm that I have never left someone hanging. I have also used the don't call me, just text me tactic as well. Once I realized that I hadn't responded to a very generous note someone had written me for a year, and I truly felt horrible about it. It had obviously been a crazy year. Anyway, with that said, as I age I realize that I need to hang on to the friends that I have. Sometimes things are not smooth and easy, but I still want to work with what I got.. I even appreciate those who can just be polite whether or not they are in an overt friendly space or not. Politeness I am finding in itself can cause and even save friendships.. And it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment