Urban

What school did you go to? I know I've talked down this topic before But it remains on my mind School Children amoung children Teens amoung teens I marvel when parents are nonchalant about their kids in school. I marvel because obviously their experiences were not like mine I can remember often being asked to sit in the hall in grade 2. Me and my teacher didn't get along . Her name was mrs.potter. I can remember getting in a fight in grade 3. I can remember all the girls in grade 5 had to get together because there were so many fights between us all. I can remember the 2 cool boys in grade 5 and 6 who ran a business where they were Molesters.I can remember we had to walk to the bathroom in twoes because there was real creeps spotted outside. I can remember great big meanies in the after school program. I can remember grade 7 and one of my friends whose dad tried to strangle her with the blow dryer and she showed up at school with the burns around her neck.I can remember when S got depressed after H dumped him and he stabbed himself in the guts numerous times. I can remember visiting him in the hospital. I can remember when JL got out of jail for pimping.. That's right Pimping. Jl was a female. I can remember when she came to school with No hair because some gang peeps had cut all her hair off. I can remember going to our friends house and skipping school in the afternoons to get drunk. Yes grade 8 was full of alcohol. Of coarse that was exactly what the school dance was for.. Drinking. This is obviously when I started smoking. I can remember twice in 2 months that some beef butches wanted to kick my butt for some dumb reason(maybe I already told this story) (anyway i got out of it) I remember that's when Gigs were fun. All of my closest Friends lost their virginity by grade 10. I can remember when Chris decided I got out of my place and put a fist to my face and threatened to bash it in if i didn't get on my knees and beg for forgiveness and promise to keep my mouth shut. That was the year my boyfriends cousin died at the bar. That was the year my mom took H to the hospital for stitches after her boyfriend through a glass bottle at her. That was when K dropped out because S was threatening to kick her ass. That's when I met O. The first time i laid eyes on him he was fighting outside our school. Neither of them went to school of coarse. They had both recently gotten out of jail. That year J and K both tried to kill themselves and R just talked about it all the time. This is just a very short version of my school years. It is all true and makes me very very afraid for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment