big girl panties

love this saying
like my auntie said the other day
"I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it"

but today i am thinking of another true favorite
"don't get your knickers in a knot"

there is a true disease of tight knickers going on in society
tight knickers
winding people up too much
in a hurry
always my way or the highway
neurotic tendencies and OCD about the feeblest of matters
micromanaged lives down to every little choice and decision
if someone is on the left of us- they are too far left
if someone is on the right of us- they are too far right
if someone is ahead of us- they are too fast
and behind- too slow
worries about hair do's and toe nails
decisions over this tomato or that one

I am probably wearing the tightest knickers on the face of the earth
(next to a few close family members)
can I change my undies in somewhere?
is there a Knicker Exchange Station
so I could find some less bothersome undies?
what if we all changed our tighties in for some loose goose cotton boxers?
Would there? Could there then be peace on earth?
I'm gonna try it out
Maybe then I will wonder less about stupid things and small decisions
and be a more flexible loving person...

this is reminding me of a quote I read somewhere

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

1 comment: