baby got back

please say i am not the only one who was in Grade 8 when this song was at it's peak
and no I have no class
sorry, it's been in my head today
it goes like this:

I like big butts and I cannot lie
you other brothers can't deny

I do know the entire song off by heart, though not sure if it is reader appropriate :)

I just remember how exciting it was when it came out
everyone was so proud of there booty
and so I wonder
will booties make a come back too?
I miss those days when a little bit of this and that was healthy and attractive
I miss the days when bootylicious Jenn Lopez came on the block.
I miss happy women
and so, as straight hair now finally goes out of style,
maybe too will androgynous uberskinny bodies
keepin my fingers crossed
then maybe I can be cool again
cause -
baby. got. back.

2 comments:

  1. So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
    Has your girlfriend(wife) got the butt? Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
    Shake that healthy butt!
    Baby got back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gotta stick up for straight hair... cause that's what's been dealt to me! maybe not the flat-ironed, drowned rat look though- glad that may be fading!

    ReplyDelete