which makes me want to blog -

the other day
friend and I having discussion
about aging

and she is realizing
that it is not as easy as she thought it would be
she doesn't love wrinkles and sagging and greyhairs
and she understands why people fight this

and well, so far on this aging journey
which I indeed am on
with dullface and crowsfeet
I don't really care

I have seen many a grey haired babe at 40
many a sagging classy fox at 50
many a confident smart welldressed vixen at 60

I'm kinda glad to be done 20 year old competitions
and I am working at being done with 30 year old competitions

I understand wanting to be perky and shiny
but I think its really sad
if thats all we are

1 comment:

  1. here's the thing though. You can look back fondly on your perky and shiny time and think ahhh, wasn't that nice then? But I am still waiting for my perky and shiny time, and every sign of age just reminds me that apparently perky and shiny just passed me by, and well, that's kind of depressing really.

    ReplyDelete