Glory to whom

?
i have been meaning to say
and not sure when the right time is
but,
i would like to just glorify God
and i don't really know what that means
but I have an idea
so i'm gonna give it a whirl

if I am ever right
ever say the right thing
do the right thing
think the right thing
if I have a talent or a goodness or any likeable-ness about me
if I fail or miss a beat or haven't won every relay
if ever, from me came Light-warmth-Wisdom-Loveliness of any sort
Praise God
If I can function, go to work, look after my kid and have a normal marriage
If I can cook one decent meal- dress appropriately- say Please and Thankyou
even that
is Gods
When I am lucky enough to receive a good or desired outcome
it is not me- my strength, my skill, my hardwork, or smarts (let me assure you)
it is God
and if a veil of difficulty lie in my path
it is God
if a success of any kind comes my way
it is God
and if failure,
the Lord is my God

my heart is presently beating, my breath is presently ebbing,
today is a gift and not my hand can quench it

No comments:

Post a Comment