Edmonton hostage-taking accused weeps in court -  News - MSN CA

Edmonton hostage-taking accused weeps in court - News - MSN CA: "A man accused of taking people hostage at the Workers' Compensation Board building in downtown Edmonton wept during his first appearance in court Friday morning."

K- so I don't usually comment on the news etc. but... the other morning when i heard about this man- this is what I thought...I'm just gonna play -advocate for a secound here.

its 8:30 AM. this poor whatever probably did not sleep the night prior...he also probably did not eat. he spent the night going crazy- feeling unheard and alone and stressed to the max because he has no money and no cheques coming in because he can't get timely response from WCB. meanwhile the economy isn't exactly booming in his skilled area and if he really is in pain and can't afford whiskey or tylenol- he was probably pretty grumpy. he obviously had a firearm handy which is the main problem (i am sure if more canadians had more firearms handy there would be way more incidentsS like there are in the states..but thankfully most of the time when we are so angry that we want to point a rifle to someones head- we don't actually have one)...so he goes to the WCB building and well the sun starts coming up and maybe the light of day is starting to make him doubt his choice..but what are you going to do now when your on the 8th? floor with a rifle or two in tow... your gonna go through with it... I think it is absolutley amazing that this guy did not kill anyone being that the standoff lasted the entire day- by then we wouldn't have slept in over 24 hours or had anything to eat...that happened to me once (the no sleep or food thing) and I was not a sane person who could make proper choices...anyway...my other thought is this... i have been in paperwork-redtape-onhold for hours-talking to answering machines-people who don't give a_-people who live in other time zone- using my last minutes on my cell phone- can't get a response- not sure how to pay the rent- types of situations....and you know what- I am very surprised that what happened the other morning does not happen WAY more often. I actually feel really sorry for the poor shmuck- now he's screwed- but atleast he gets free room and board in jail- a happy ending after all...)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I kinda felt bad for him too. I also feel bad for those people who will now be dealing with the aftermaths of that kind of violent trauma... something I unfortunately can sympathize with a little too well. Thankfully no one was hurt... just some deep wounds to the psyche all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. touche'- sorry about that- i feel sorry for them too...i feel sorry for everyone ever..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you couldn't tell, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I felt sorry for him. I do feel sorry for him, and felt even sorrier for him after I read how he told the Judge that he can't afford a lawyer, because he can't afford anything. It sucks to be down and out and probably in pain and have no one care.

    But I have to tell you how much I appreciated your last line about food and shelter prison style. LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete