K- as in Okay

I can spell if I want to
I can use capitals if I want to
I can use spell check
I can use commas and semi-colons properly to my hearts desire
I know when to use italics usually

but sometimes I am having a dumb day or a lazy day- or the usual- I just don't care

But, I am now realizing sadly that many people cannot spell or punctuate
even if they graduated from highschool
(its all making sense now as i write this- i didn't actually learn this stuff in highschool, I learned it out of fear and desperation in university when I was over my head early on)
I am aghast at the spelling of would-be job holders on Kijiji!
Goodness- no you can't be my nanny- you can't even spell!

Now lets not be proud and snotty here people
I have scads of leeway(sp?)) for busy mothers and pregnant women
I just think if you are actually looking for employment that maybe you would want to appear well versed or atleast mainstream.

1 comment:

  1. hey, don't forget a lot of those nannies don't speak english as their first language, so they get a pass too, but other than that I totally agree.

    You should have seen some of the applications we used to get at the bank.

    ReplyDelete