what i miss about being single

its not what you think folks
not the chase
not the insecurity
not the independence
not the wretched lonliness
wondering if i would ever have a child
wear a ring, a white dress, have a name change
recovering from heartache again and again (yes thats how it went- i am sure you all remember)

i simply miss dancing around my one room apartment like a banshee
when no one was looking nor ever would
to leonard or bono or blackeyed peas, and especially billie jean(yes!)

so today i had forgotten that i loved to dance and Hope and I were bored due to a missing carseat- so I threw in my old U2 cd- and like magic- we were dancing
me the crazy one that brought her to tears
her the innocent bystander who will forget and thats the only reason I am willing to allow her into my banshee world

"you're dangerous cause you're honest, you're dangerous- you don't know what you want"-
ah, me, 20-something.

1 comment: