gorging on goodness

admit it
you're a simple creature like me
spend your summer time
trying to decide just which fruit is
your absolute favorite

grapes are nice and small and fresh and round and high in antioxidants
red are way better than green
blueberries- such a sweet, easy to gobble -ultra healthy berry
cherries- don't we just swoon for a ripe cherry- delish!
watermelon- loove water melon- i could eat the whole thing myself
raspberries- great when perfect... not so great when past prime
black berries- good texture- not too sweet though
a ripe nectarine- Oh sweetness of goodness of the earthly Universe
the peach- give me peaches and ice cream please

so much to discover and discuss
so what shall it be
i'm sorry- but really there is not competition
have any of you had a saskatoon berry?
i swear I just had my first one last week
and I am sold forever
I have been craving them ever since
I even went and picked some on my tiptoes
tomorrow me and the Hutterites will meet at the Farmers Market
and I will pay them whatever they want for these perfect specimens
The most delightful, formidable, satisfying fruit to walk my tongue
the sweet sweet
Saskatoon

Be Mine

1 comment:

  1. I hate them. Truly. Off you go to pearsons berry farm then!

    ReplyDelete