i'm just gonna say it

a thought that has been brewing and now full throttle
i just read an article titled "how you know you are a christian"
and in it it said that Jesus claimed to be God (those words)
this was written by an educated respected Christian in our present society

this is so un True that I actually feel ill right now as I write this

Jesus never ever once said that he was God
never
Jesus was not God
Jesus said over and over that he was the Son of God

there are times even in the scripture where a seperate voice from heaven spoke audibly and said " this is my beloved Son "

I am so honestly confused- why on earth do the majority of christians living on this planet believe that Jesus was God?

I am sorry if I am offending any one right now- I just don't get it-

and so, maybe you think tomaato-tomauto- but it's not that easy
this fundamental difference changes everything
everything from the top to the bottom
how you and I fit into this story
or don't

4 comments:

  1. It does seem so simple and obvious doesn't it. Do you know we share this lack of support for "Trinitarian" Doctrine with the JW's and the Mormon's? The rest of the Christian world also thinks that to believe that Jesus is not God almost borders on Heresy. So strange. Thanks for posting what I have been afraid to, but thought of often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how sometimes you read a story on CBC and then read the comments and get all upset? Those closest to me encourage me NOT to read the comments. There's stuff out there that we don't need to read. And so - this old woman says just let all that junk go. Don't waste you time reading it or fretting about it. Take a deep breath and focus on what you know and believe and are convicted of. Just. Let. It. Go.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also do not understand where people get the idea that Jesus is God. I think it's John 17 that talks about us being one with Jesus and God as they are one. Obviously we are not God, so Jesus can't be God either. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Sassta

    Your post is spot on!

    Jesus indeed never ever once said that he was God, but rather proclaimed that he is
    the son of GOD
    [John 10.36, cp. Matt 16.16]
    i.e. the Son of the ONE GOD, the Father.
    [2 John 3]
    Amen!

    This site:
    Christian Monotheism: A Call to Return to the Creed of Jesus

    has a lot of wonderful resources to encourage you in this wondrous truth

    Yours In Messiah
    Adam Pastor
    The Human Jesus

    ReplyDelete