HVP


is not a virus to me

it is the initials of my dearOne


and strangely,

also the initials of the person who made my ring

and so engraved on my ring

next to my skin

are the initials

HVP


and so I think and remember always

sometimes our vows are for something more

than ourselves


Hope ##### ######


Hope- because I knew I needed more hope in this life-

V#####- because of my husbands grandma and her example to him- her testimony of christianity

P#####- my great grandmother- the first on our tree to find and love and follow the gospel


so daughter Hope

we gave you your name

for more than names sake

because of our hope

that you would live like those you were named after

that you would always have hope in your heart- like a living trust in God

that you would be an influence like V#### for good

that you would be remembered like P#### for her sweet spirit and courage


you have a heritage

well worth living up to

a name to uphold

with joy


bless you my daughter Hope

bless your sweet little soul



6 comments:

  1. Awwwww I love it...and love her! Shes a little dolly! We miss you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may you be as strong, bold, and passionate about things that matter as your awesome mommy !!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know you're on my list of hands I want to shake?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete