friends

are priceless
and rare
maybe

but today i was thinking of how many people i really do enjoy, and how i hope we all have people in our life that we trust and love
i hope that i could have the flexibility to make more friends, i hope i would never allow someone to feel that they were not invited into my friend sphere

today i was having a conversation with one of my best friends which i have referred to as my BFF-a laughable ridiculous title often used in elementary, which is exactly why i used it- because its funny- not because I have only one friend- neither does she only have one friend-

but we were talking about our friendship and how we never see eachother and how many other people we like and want to hang out with. i like that. i like that my friend enjoys and likes other people. if she only liked me I would think that was weird and if i only liked her i would be a pretty jealous person cause she has a busy life.

so what am i getting at? not sure

she made a comment today about seeing someone "laugh out loud" and i thought- thats cool- what a cool thing to look for in another person -

i guess i'm just gonna flatter her today and all my other friends cause thats what i feel like doing

thank you sharmilla
for listening to me and for talking
about everything
not just you or me
but scripture, history, brains, parenting, past, future, mothers, clothes, church, husbands, art, design, work, money, obama, banking, diapers,

thank you to everyone that actually cares, or tries to care- thanks for making me laugh out loud- for calling me 'random',
for helping me move my furniture around,
for buying me canvas,
looking after my kid,
for lifting me up and encouraging me to trust God, thank you for forgiving
thanks for giving me the time of day, even though you are busy dating, being pregnant, giving birth, hosting parties,

you know who you are-
love you

2 comments:

  1. I am speechless.

    Bahahaha... ok not exactly speechless, but crying... for real.

    Ditto kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog, it is bookmarked now! And wow, what a tribute to friends and Sharmi, you described it perfectly.
    I miss you girl, hopefully I get to see you in July. Looks like I'll be up there longer than planned, like 3 weeks. Yay!
    Love and hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete