This is what I was gonna say. etc. re. yadayada-

so we went on that walk
that sun shiny white sheet day
and your big boots and threaded hair
made me think you looked
half Rasta half Navajo

and you walked west away
in sublime wavering wondering
and I thought
there you are.
right there.

despite the obvious losses
something there in that moment
was found
clear and white and shiny as the day
pure and warm and honest and good
whole and nourishing
fresh breath beyond
where the past and future wondered too
what would be of you
and made a pact
to grow you up
a fruit full
branch
spring with dew
new and cherry blossom
but always oak roots
mahogany
always earth dirt
dragon tears green tea
thank fully all
journeying to dissolving
into betterment of
the high calling

1 comment:

  1. when you started this story, I had no idea where you were going with it, but while I was waiting (all night) to hear the rest, I recalled that day in it's strange perfection and thought... I must blog about it too. Usually I just defer to you saying the things I am already thinking, especially because you say it so much better (and quicker), but about this day, I truly must have my own say.

    ReplyDelete