Dear Public Health Nurse with No Children

I am sure you are right- my daughter is 'big' for her age, I am sure you are right she doesn't 'need' more than 2 cups of milk a day, I am sure that big needle you just jammed into her arm will be forgotten, I am sure that she is well able to sleep alone without her mother and yes- I am sure that she should...
But Darling Nurse sans Motherhood
Its not all about 'need' is it...
Sometimes in Life there is this thing called 'want'...
And when baby gets what baby 'wants'
There is peace...
And thats what I 'need'

thats why I was rude and questioned whether or not you were a parent-

Ok- i feel bad that I am overly pointing out that this nurse had no children.. I am sure there are many nurses w/o kids that are pretty aware of what it is to parent..but (oh brother- this is getting wordy- almost blahblah)

Speaking from experience- before I had a kid- I had no idea no comprehension not the faintest clue of parenting issues and responsibilities..I am an only child (sortof- thats another blog) and have never babysat- i worked at a daycare once for 3 days and quit- infact I can honestly say I don't think i liked kids- unless they had Autism...
So when I was pre pregnant and I would fantacize about child rearing- it was pretty clear...It was like, spank spank, discipline, ignore, plan, schedule, control, spank spank, feed, hug, organize,spank..(i think you get the pic)...(well, and maybe some people do parent like this)

But see once I had a kid- it was like, Oh, I really love this thing, I really want to bond with her, i really want to be the most awesome loving mom ever, oh, I hate planning my day, I hate being scheduled, I want to enjoy this baby, Oh, its not easy to spank, Oh, she thinks its funny when I spank, Oh, she is inlove with her mom, yadayadayada

So if that made sense? point is
It changed Big time for me...and I am pretty sure it does for many people...

No comments:

Post a Comment