it goes like this

daughter- "mom your getting fat"
me-".........."
daughter- "mom, your getting fat"
me- "yes, darling- that's because their is a baby growing inside of me"
daughter- "wow- we are going to need 2 toothbrushes"
me- "yes- you are right"

so that's the latest folks
i was sort of dreading telling people
in fear that every one would think i had lost my marbles
considering that rather fluctuate nature of my family thus far
but so far 90% of the people i have told have been really really nice and happy and encouraging.
so actually, i just want to thank you for being kind and encouraging
because one thing that is really difficult is being in a situation like mine
and feeling/knowing all of your support group thinks you are wayy offf base..
that would suck right now.

i also wanted to let the cat out of the bag because I am getting fat. and I will get fatter
and it is really hard on ones self esteem when one gets fat. but it is especially difficult when people assume it is because you had too many brownies.
and i have had too many brownies. why? because i am hungry. and for all those people who don't get fat when they are pregnant.
i salute you. i am happy for you. to not have to deal with the extra pounds post baby.

my pregnancy hunger is no joke and the only remedy is food.
be nice...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! when are you due?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You make the most gorgeous children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fat without being pregnant, it's not fun! :)
    So glad you spilled the beans! So cute about the toothbrushes!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats :) :) Hope you are feeling good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read back this far on your blog..
    and i love this post!
    Little Hope is adorable i miss her!

    Hope everything is going good...
    :)

    ReplyDelete