something i really want to say- some how

I see you rising and pursuing and succeeding
i see you live like superman and wife
i see your honour and glory
and respect from others
gained
and i am honestly truly purely
happy for you.
But I am not happy for you the way you think I should be.
I do not congratulate you for your right choices and perfect poise
I do not congratulate you because I think that your hand has led you to that place
I praise God because he has blessed you
I praise God because he has remembered you
and
you who are plagued with burden and sorrow
you who look broken and weary and divided
I do not blame you or accuse you for your foolish stupidity
your unhonourable undignified bad choices
because I do not believe that you are to be faulted for all and everything that is in your plate
I do absolutely believe that we all must try our best in this life
I do not believe that our best is the same
nor do I believe for one moment that life is fair.
I believe some people get more than their fair share of beats and sorrows
and often rise above with Grace
but some too
get many a heaping blessing
that is just that
it is a gift

one should probably not take credit for gifts from God

2 comments:

  1. wow. can't take credit but sincerely thankful for the gifts from God, even if taken away or enjoyed for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing and your thoughts. It's cryptic yet so telling. You don't need to have a "shiny" blog because you're awesome the way you are.

    ReplyDelete