the child is the father of the man

today i am thinking about school
what was your school like? elementary? highschool?
i'll be honest, i am terrified about putting my kid in public school
that's right-i'm one of those


when school started i went to the inner city public school and continued until graduation
i don't have many memories of wee early childhood
but i have a lot of bad ones from school
i can specifically recount times in the early grades
that make me sick
bad teachers, older bullies, friend gang drama, even "Molester games"(i will not even explain- it so wrong)
there were good teachers and good friends too,
but there is something about being a wee child and having bad, scary experiences
that maybe they are hard to let go of.
my junior high was so-so.. fights, parties, coolio contests, ups and downs
high school was the worst
from my perspective it was fine, i was having fun, doing what i wanted
basically me and all my friends smoke and drank at nauseum(sp?) all through highschool
I got in many a bad relationship, but especially topped it off
with dating The BadAss. this guy never even went to our school, just came to beat people up and sell some drugs. I really liked him.(this is no joke- this guy had just gotten out of jail for attempted murder)

anyway, suffice to say the relationship was pretty rocky, and overwhelming, and with the way I was treating myself and health at that time in my life- eventually it did lead to disaster- which actually thankfully led me back to God.

But, please help me Heaven- I don't want this happening to my daughter...
The end started at the beginning
this i know
there must be a better way

I feel like my Education had way too much to do with Survival and Anarchy
than being a kid, and learning, and feeling safe
there must be a better way

No comments:

Post a Comment