the shadow women

maybe you have seen these women
well, maybe you can't tell if they are women
they look like walking shadows
tip to toe to top
black blanket outfit

I put myself behind the sheet
and wonder what it feels like
to be a shadow
maybe liberating? maybe depressing?
maybe empty

how can an outfit like that be good for mental health?
lurking in the shadows...
the only time it seems like a good idea
is in -40C
the rest of the time
seeing those shadows
is confirmation
that their is something very very wrong going on

the God I know made daisies, and green grass, and blue birds
the God I know makes rainbows - red orange yellow green blue purple
the God I know made women and men different absolutely
the God I know loves women and men
the God I know has never taught me to be ashamed for shames sake
the God I know has taught me to be modest- yes.

but, never has God taught me to be a shadow in the dark
to be faceless and nameless and footless and headless
stark hiding 4th class citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment